Are you trying to eat healthy on a budget? Below, you will find some family friendly dinner ideas that can help. You will find something for yourself and each meal is going to feed a family of four for just a few dollars per serving. Even if you are having a tight budget, it is possible to put healthy food on plate every night. The cheap healthy dinner ideas listed below will not cost you more than $10.
Cheap Healthy Dinner Ideas To Prepare Every Night
Borrow or purchase some penne pasta ingredients like olives, jalapeno, corns, oregano’s some cheese in order to fill them in a simple tomato sauce.
- One cup penne
- Some cream
- Chilli flakes
- Chilly sauce
- One cup milk
- 2 tablespoons of refined flour
Steps To Make
- Take a pan, and add some olive oil to it.
- Add oregano and chilli flakes with some grated garlic and ginger to it.
- Add onions, mushrooms, capsicum and some boiled corns to it.
- Saute it properly and add 2 tablespoons of refined flour followed by adding some cream to it.
- Whisk it properly and add one full cup of milk along with the chilly sauce.
- Once the cream gets thick, add one tablespoon of salt or as per your taste.
- At the end, add the boiled penne to this prepared better to enjoy the delicious creamy penne pasta.
Bacon And Broccoli Rice Bowl
Bacon and broccoli rice bowl is far more fun and colorful than the drab rice bowl. You can pair this dinner with brown rice that have chopped bacon, a hard boiled egg, and a good helping of carrots and broccoli.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 scallions, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 shredded medium carrot
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
Steps To Make
- Take eggs and cover them with around 1 inch water in a saucepan. Bring the pan to a high simmer, cover it and remove the pan from heat. Run the eggs later under cold water. Peel and quarter the eggs.
- On the other hand, take bacon in a large skillet and cook it on medium heat until the bacon gets golden brown and crips. Keep the bacon for 4 minutes per side. Remove the cooked bacon from the skillet and chop the bacon into bite sized pieces.
- Whisk the chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, ¾ teaspoon salt and brown sugar with some pepper in a large microsafe bowl. Now add some rice, broccoli, scallion whites and toss all of them to combine them properly. Cover the bowl and microwave it high until the broccoli gets a crisp brown color. Do this for a minimum 6 minutes when the rice is even warmed.
- Now, divide the broccoli and rice mixture in four bowls. Top them with quartered egg, carrot, bacon and scallion greens.
Try the above given cheap healthy dinner ideas that will not only keep you full but will also give you the delicious items to eat at night with your family.